Search This Blog and/or Web

EGGNOG - Vajecny Konak

Eggnog is a traditional (alcoholic) drink that cannot be missing on the Christmas table of any Czech family when everyone sits down to eat dinner on December 24th. It is usually prepared few weeks/even months ahead of time. There are many variations among Czech recipes for the eggnog drink.

Also, I know - many people do not want to drink it because of a salmonella issue, but I think that alcohol (rum, vodka and such) and aging the eggnog in a cold refrigerator does the trick. I did a little research to verify my thoughts and here I want to share a web site that talks about row eggs and eggnog.




My family recipe:

  • 2 cans of your favorite sweetened condensed milk (cook for 2 hours in a water - it will get caramel color) 
  • 4 egg yolks
  • TBSP of vanilla
  • 1/2 liter rum (3/4 of a bottle)
1. Whisk egg yolks in a bowl.


2. add sweetened condensed milk that you previously cooked in water for 2 hours
(it will thicken its consistency) 


3. add vanilla


4. mix the mixture very well


5. after good whisking/mixing add 1/2 liter of rum
 


6. fill a well washed bottle and store in your fridge for several weeks/months in your refrigerator

DRINK WHEN "RIPE".
ENJOY.

Note: If it thickens too much by the time you want to drink it, add more rum and shake. Also if this recipe seems too sweet to you, replace one can with heavy cream and a little bit of sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.