Search This Blog and/or Web

HOW TO COOK DOUGHNUTS - Jak Usmazit Koblizky

I was born in Czech Republic and grew up eating either delicious doughnuts or "kolaches" almost every Sunday. It was a great treat. When I came to the United States and ate my first American doughnut, I was quite disappointed. They are good but they do not taste as delicious as the European doughnuts. Any American, who visited Europe will agree with me.
So every time I visit Europe, my first steps lead to the stores that sell the "real doughnuts", some "great Czech kolaches" and "Vetrniky".
The other day friends talked about doughnuts and how to make them, so I googled "how to make doughnuts" and after some heavy research I came across THIS interesting website. A lady named Pam took her time to write the recipe down and take images just to show visitors how to make doughnuts. Reading the text and seeing the images reminded me of the time when my Mom and I were making our doughnuts at home. We made a lot of mess the very first time - we put the filling into the dough before frying, but the doughnuts opened up and preserves came out into the oil. However, they sure were just as delicious as the ones in store.





















Jako dite jsem mivala temer kazdou nedeli koblihy nebo kolace. Kdyz jsem se prestehovala do Ameriky, uz jsem tak dobre koblizky nenasla. Kazdy American, ktery navstivi Ceskou Republiku a vyzkousel ceske koblizky nemuze jinak nez souhlasit.Kdyz jedu na navstevu za rodinou, tak moje prvni kroky vedou do obchodu, abych si koupila prave ceske kolacky (i kdyz ty uz umim velice dobre upect), koblizky a nase povestne vetrniky.
Nedavno jsme se s devcaty bavily o koblizkach a tak jsem sedla a zkusila jsem zagooglit - a nasla jsem TUTO zajimavou webovou stranku (bohuzel je v AJ). Na teto strance pani Pam popisuje postup koblizku a doplnila tento postup skvelou fotografickou dokumentaci. Pri cteni teto stranky se mi vybavilo detstvi, jak jsme s maminkou smazily koblizky a bohuzel se nam vyplavil dzem pri smazeni. No nadelali jsme celkem "neporadek", ale koblizky byly "mnamozni" - jako z obchodu.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.