Search This Blog and/or Web

WHAT TO DO WITH VERY RIPE MANGOES? BAKE MUFFINS.

My family loves mangoes, which I usually buy in bulk (in season) when I go shopping. Mangoes are sweet tropical fruit, full of vitamins. Here is the image how I love to cut mangoes for my loved ones for their (and my) easy consumption.

Yesterday I noticed that a couple of my mangoes got quite ripe. I decided to use them in the morning to bake muffins. So if you think you would like to try this recipe, read ingredients you will need along with step-by-step directions below:

2 cups organic all purpose flour sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 mangoes gut up into squares and divide into 1 cup + rest of the mango
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract


Combine sifted flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt - stir well









Whip your egg and sugar on high speed for a couple of minutes. Add vanilla extract and stir.




Take 1 cup of the softest pieces of the cut up mango, add it to the bowl with the egg/sugar/vanilla mixture and whip on high speed again. Add oil and stir.






Combine dry ingredients with wet ones. Stir a bit. Add the rest of mango pieces and stir gently again.






Spoon the batter into muffin cups and bake at 400F for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 375F and bake for 10 minutes longer. Your muffins are done when lightly browned on top and firm to the touch.

Note: You can sprinkle granulated sugar on top, and/or top it with walnuts before baking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.