Search This Blog and/or Web

EASY AND TASTY BREAD - Jednoduchy A Chutny Chleba

I have so many interests, that I am always trying to think of solutions, which would make my life easier. I love to accomplish a lot of things in the shortest time possible. I can now bake a bread that my family loves without much effort. It literally takes me 10 minutes to measure ingredients, pour them into a bread machine and few hours later, after machine kneads, rises, and bakes the dough, I am pulling a delicious bread out while my family is already nibbling on it. I also love one thing about it - no fake additives, no chemicals. Just pure yummy simple bread. Most of the time it is usually gone the same day.

I have an old bread machine from William-Sonoma, which I have been using for nearly 20 years and it came quite handy many times. So if you have a bread machine, try this recipe. It will even save you few dollars.

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups water (warmed for 1 minute in the microwave)
1 TBSP milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry fast rising yeast
1/4 cup rye flour
1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal
2 and 3/4 King Arthur unbleached bread flour

Step-by-Step Directions:
1. Add milk, sugar, salt and yeast to warm water. Stir it and let stand a minute so the yeast dissolves a bit.
2. Put the rye flour, oatmeal and bread flour into the bread machine's container
3. Pour the yeast/water mixture over the flours
4. Chose the settings. I have 3 time settings - and I chose the one that makes the bread in 3 hours and 40 minutes. I love my bread light in color for further toasting.

And that's it. My recipe is in my head, so I do not have to look it up and I really spend very little time on measuring and preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.